District Management Plan
The North Plains Groundwater Conservation District Board of Directors adopted the mission statement, “Maintaining our way of life through conservation, protection, and preservation of our groundwater resources.”
The Texas Water Code requires the District to adopt a management plan that addresses the following management goals, as applicable:
- Providing the most efficient use of groundwater;
- Controlling and preventing waste of groundwater;
- Controlling and preventing subsidence;
- Addressing conjunctive surface water management issues;
- Addressing natural resource issues;
- Addressing drought conditions;
- Addressing conservation, recharge enhancement, rainwater harvesting, precipitation enhancement, or brush control, where appropriate and cost-effective; and
- Addressing the desired future conditions (DFC) adopted by the District under Section 36.108.
The District uses groundwater availability modeling (GAM) along with information collected by the District and other resources during management planning.
The District’s management plan was revised in March of 2018.
If you are interested in learning more please contact our office at 806-935-6401 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org