Meter Reimbursement Program
The Meter Reimbursement Program provides funding to irrigators to offset up to half the equipment cost of water meters
Thanks to a grant from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) the North Plains Groundwater Conservation District provides funding to irrigators to offset up to half the equipment cost of water meters.
The District is now accepting applications from irrigators in the district for the meter reimbursement program on meters installed after May 11, 2022. An initial grant was awarded to the District by the TWDB on the basis that meters are an accepted and effective management tool for producers and for groundwater conservation districts. Since then, additional grants have been awarded, bringing the total to $1.7 million available to agricultural irrigators in the District.
After all meters are installed and are operable, fill out the Meter Reimbursement Program Application, print and sign it, and along with complete receipts, return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meter Program, Eligibility and Requirements
Applicants agree to annually furnish the District a listing of crops grown on the reimbursed Groundwater Production Unit (GPU), along with crop acres and inches of water applied.
|GPU||Crops||Acres||Inches Groundwater Applied to Crop|
|1212||Corn||120 acres||26 inches|
|1212||Wheat||183 acres||16.25 inches|
- One half (½) the actual cost of each meter is eligible for reimbursement.
- Application is not a guarantee of reimbursement. Reimbursement is contingent upon program fund availability and applicant meeting program requirements.
- Reimbursement is on a first-come first-served basis.
- First-come first-served mean first to complete the entire process of purchasing and installing all meters and applying to the District for reimbursement.
- Installation costs, other equipment costs, labor costs and meters for non-agricultural irrigation purposes are not eligible for reimbursement currently.
- Meters and installations must be inspected by the District prior to reimbursements.
- Only meters installed on agricultural irrigation systems are eligible for the meter reimbursement program at this time.
- Meters must be purchased and installed before December 15, 2023.
- Meter purchased prior to May 11, 2022 are not eligible.
- Meters and installation must meet District Rules and be installed in accordance with manufacturer’s installation guidelines.
- Meters must be maintained in good working order and repaired expeditiously as necessary.
- Non-repairable meters must be replaced at the owner’s expense.
- Copies of original receipts must be complete, clearly show the meter costs, serial numbers and any tax or discounts. Copies of bank or credit card statements are not acceptable.
Do you have questions? Our staff members here at the District would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. For more information, please call our office at 806-935-6401.